Friday, April 13, 2012

Nothing new under the sun

I wanted to post a quick update from today's doctor's appointment: it was a good appointment.  There have been no changes with Caleb's health, and that's always good news.  Dr. Kumar had no concerns and said that Caleb was stable.  His sats are in the mid 70's and that is satisfactory.  The best part is we don't have to go back for 4 whole months, which is the longest we've ever gone without seeing a cardiologist!  That's always a good sign, when we have a break from doctors.  Thank you so much for praying with us today for Caleb.  It means the world.

I actually had a good conversation with Dr. Kumar today, a conversation about Caleb's future and the possibilities we face.  He didn't really give me any new information, but it was still helpful to talk about how hard it is not knowing what his future holds.  I have been trying to process some stuff today and I want to write about it, but I have to think some more before I share.  One interesting thing that came from the conversation was my realization of the huge need there is for families like us to find support and connections with people who understand what it's like to have a child with serious, ongoing medical issues.  I've actually thought about this a lot throughout our journey with Caleb, and today on the way home I told Daniel that I'm going to pray more about what God would have me do.  I want to see families like ours connected with other families struggling in similar ways, to feel like we're in it together and have a sense of community.  Hmm... interesting ideas are floating around in my head.  

Thanks again for your prayers.  Another blog coming soon filled with what is sure to be some pointless ramblings and at least one funny poop story.  I'm always good for some of those.  Oh, and here's a picture of my family on Easter, which includes Jonah in a sweater vest and Caleb in a tie (i.e., more cuteness than I can handle).

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah! Wonderful news about Caleb. Praising God with you. And oh yeah - I knew you would give in to the sweater vests eventually. You can no longer tease me about my love for them!

    Kesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am praising God with you--what great news!! Oh my, that IS a whole lot of little boy cuteness. I am a sucker for sweater vests, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete