Wednesday, March 2, 2011

After Caleb's first trip back to St. Vincent's

We made the trip back today, for the first time since leaving.  It was so bizarre... it actually felt like going home.  Yuck, I don't like that going to a hospital feels so very familiar.  But thankfully today was a good day, a very smooth day filled with good news.  Dr. Kumar, Caleb's cardiologist, says he looks great.  He did an EKG on Caleb, checked how his circulation of blood in his heart is doing, checked his oxygen levels, and everything looked surprisingly good.  And he is still gaining weight like a champ!  Caleb now weighs in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. which means he's gained an entire pound and a half since leaving the hospital.  Wow!  The doctor was so pleased with him that he didn't schedule our next appointment until 6 weeks from now.  Maybe by then home will actually feel like home.

I wish I had more time to write, but for now I'll just have to leave it at that, a short update.  I will sign off by saying that I appreciate the people that are praying for us more than I will ever be able to say adequately.  It is an amazing gift that you are giving us, and our family really believes that prayer is the reason Caleb is alive and well.  So a million thank yous.

No comments:

Post a Comment